Housing disrepair and the law - CIH - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £15 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for all those officers who are involved in the day to day maintenance of the local authority properties: including local authority housing officers, staff working for the council’s contractors, Environmental Health Officers and customer service staff.
What does it cover?
This course covers...
- The law concerning disrepair, negligence and nuisance
- What responsibilities do the tenant have
- Guidance on systems for dealing with repairs
- The Housing Health and Safety Rating system
- Court action by the tenant for compensation and the new disrepair protocol
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to...
Identify the council's responsibilities and obligations in keeping properties in repair
Determine when the council is not liable for any problems with a property
Explain the purpose of the Housing Health and Safety Rating System and what obligations result on the part of the council
Reduce the likelihood of threats of litigation
State good practice guidance on dealing with housing disrepair