Guide to developing policies and procedures - CIH - 1 Day
Southwark Employees Price: £15 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for anyone who has responsibility for policy development and implementation. The course is ideally suited to staff at senior levels.
What does it cover?
This course covers…
Definitions of policy, procedure and strategy, formats and templates for policy development
The importance of corporate alignment
360 Stakeholder Maps and using them effectively in consultation
The 7 different methods of policy development and the 6 ladders of procedure setting
Peer review of policies and effective implementation
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to…
- Identify the role of policies and procedures in organisations and alignment with corporate strategy
- Have a clear understanding of the difference between policy, procedure and strategy
- Develop a process for writing policy and procedures through consultation and involvement of appropriate staff and stakeholders
- Write clear, simple and user friendly policies using an ISO and other templates, based on a step by step process
- Examine the issues relating to effective implementation and ownership of policy and outline the importance of monitoring, review and evaluation mechanisms to demo