Identifying stress in workplace, and undertaking stress risk assessments - half day
Southwark Employees Price: £50 Associates Price: £100
Who is it for?
This course is for…
- Employees who would like to understand how to assess and manage their own stress levels in their daily lives as well as those who have a responsibility to manage the health and safety of other employees.
What does it cover?
- Understanding of the causes of stress at work.
- How to undertake a stress risk assessment using the HSE standards.
- Identify effect ways of reducing stress at work.
- Effective ways of coping with stress.
What are the course outcomes?
- Be able to help identify possible factors at work and outside of work that can contribute to stress.
- Understand how both physical and mental health can be affected by stress, and be able recognise these health issues.
- Be able to undertake stress risk assessments using HSE tools within their workplace.
- Managers will be able to demonstrate manager’s competency in managing their employees taking account of the HSE stress standards
Course Ratings & Reviews
The course was enlightening and thought-provoking
Stress risk assessments
Good course that enabled attendees to consider stress in the work place and its impacts. It would have benefited from small group discussions, rather than participants being asked to consider various aspects on their own. also flagged up that the council does not have an overarching stress risk policy and assessment. Excellent tool available on line which was a real help. Materials also invaluable.
Stress management/risk assessment
I found this course interesting and informative. The trainer was able to identify indicators of stress that I was not previously aware of. The time did not allow for the discussions that I would like to have had about how to deal with practical issues in the workplace but information was given which will be useful to explore further. There is no Southwark wide Stress Management Policy/risk assessment process and this needs to be addressed as knowledge of and review of this would have been useful within the course.