Commercial awareness - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £100 Associates Price: £150
Who is it for?
This commercial awareness course is designed to give senior managers an opportunity to understand how the commercial drivers for their organisation demand a far greater understanding of the customer than has previously been necessary.
What does it cover?
This course covers…
- Understanding the concept of a public service in a commercial environment
- Understanding the markets we operate in, and the customers we serve, and our competitive advantages
- Understanding Local Government trading powers – what can, and can not, be done to trade, earn income and expand our business
- Know what the competition look like, and how they view us
- How to attract and secure partner organisations
- Maximise the return on different service delivery models whilst minimising risks
- Workforce implications – equipping and enabling dynamic, responsive employees.
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to…
- Develop an understanding of the commercialisation market for public sector services and assets, opportunities and constraints
- Understand how the needs of the commercial customer differ from the public sector context
- Apply a systematic approach to identifying realistic commercial opportunities