Unconscious Bias - Half Day
Southwark Employees Price: £100 Associates Price: £150
Who is it for?
This course is for all staff
What does it cover?
This course covers...
- The science behind unconscious bias and how our brains are “wired” to use it to protect us.
Strategy and tips for developing awareness and accountability
Strategies and tips to avoid the conditions in which unconscious bias is most likely to be acted upon
Strategies and tips for addressing and reducing the effect of unconscious bias related to role and grade
- Unconcious bias scenarios
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to...
- Explain the source and function of unconscious bias
- Recognise how unconscious bias impacts on their decision-making and relationships
- Use strategies and techniques for reducing personal unconscious bias, as well as the unconscious bias that shows in teams and across the Council
- Develop a strategy for individual action
Course Ratings & Reviews
Very good course
Makes you think and re-think
Interactive and insightful
I was attracted to this workshop because I wanted to gain a better understanding of the term "unconscious bias". I also wanted to find out how communication in the workplace can be achieved without prejudice. The tutor was very engaging. I particularly found the handouts very informative and useful. Highly recommend all staff to attend this course.
A good course well-presented. Ms Carty was engaging and clearly knew the course topics very well. The material was well-founded in theory and research and highly applicable to both the work environment and everyday life.