Sickness Absence - 2 hours
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for team leaders and managers within Corporate Facilities Management, Information & Data Services, Regeneration and Planning Division.
*PLEASE NOTE THIS IS FOR CHILDREN AND ADULTS STAFF ONLY*
Bookings that are made by other members will be cancelled if they do not fall under this category.
What does it cover?
This course covers...
- Roles and responsibilities of employee and manager in the application of the sickness absence procedure
- Recording sickness absence - effective use of Employee Self Service (ESS) and Manager Self Service (MSS) – who is responsible for recording sickness
- Purpose of Formal Sickness Guidance interviews
- How to make timely referrals to occupational health
- Employment legislation – Equality Act
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to…
- Locate the business managers handbook to employee health
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of employee and manager with sickness absence
- Effectively use ESS and MSS Deal with sickness issues on a timely basis Understand when formal sickness guidance interviews are appropriate
- Ensure sickness records are reviewed appropriately.
- Understand the role of the Occupational health Services