Risk Management and Insurance - Half Day
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for all managers across the Council who will need to consider risk in the day to day roles and in any decisions that they take. It will also be of interest for all officers who have specific responsibilities for risk management or insurance.
What does it cover?
This course covers...
- The basic steps in the risk management process, including identification, assessment and control
- The ownership and responsibility for risk management and how the risk management process is applied in the Council
- The key risks to the Council and how these are managed
- Insurance, different types of insurance and how the Council uses insurance as a tool to manage certain risk
- What insurance and insurance claims cost the Council and how this is funded
What are the course outcomes?
- Have a better understanding of risk management and be able to use risk management techniques to make informed decisions
- Be more aware of the different types of risk that the council faces
- Understand the need for insurance and the different types of insurance that the council purchases and why
- Be able to identify situations where insurance may need to be considered