Adults safeguarding Level 2 - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for employees, workers and volunteers who work regularly with adults with care and support needs and who have not undertaken Safeguarding Training . It supports Standard 10 Care Act Certificate and QCF Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 2. It is for, but not limited to all support staff in health and social care settings, drivers, other transport staff, day service staff. This meets the Southwark Adults Competency Framework at Level 2.
What does it cover?
What does it cover?
- Recognising adults abuse and neglect
- Knowing how to report abuse and neglect in adults
- Preventing abuse and neglect
- Responding to disclosures of abuse
- Care Act 2014 compliant Safeguarding
- This session meets elements of the Knowledge & Skills for child and family social work: 4.Adult mental ill health, substance misuse, domestic abuse, physical ill health and disability
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to...
- Recognise an adult potentially in need of Safeguarding and take action as appropriate to role
- Understanding the procedures for making a ‘Safeguarding Alert’
- Understand dignity and respect when working with individuals
- Have knowledge of policy, procedures and legislation that supports Safeguarding Adults activity
Book dates available for this course12 Feb 09:30 Conference Room G06 (OD) Ground Floor 160 Tooley Street London SE1 2QH 15 Mar 09:30 Training Room G01c, Ground Floor, 160 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2QH 09 Apr 09:30 Training Room G01c, Ground Floor, 160 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2QH
Course Ratings & Reviews
This course was most absorbing and the trainer very very informed. She listens and got us to take part, plus got us recognising changes within Care Act 2014
this training was good, it covered the main acts of parliament and what it means . The trainer was knowledgeable and had a good manner.
It met its objectives.
This course was delivered in a very clear and straightforward way, by a trainer with knowledge and great communication skills. It was a refresher course for me, it was good to be challenged and informed working in small groups and as a whole. I also found it particularly interesting due to the introduction of the Care Act 2014, so much has seemed to have changed in such a short time. I liked the other attendees and the venue was great, the day went really well!
The training was thought proving and engaging. The trainer was knowledgeable and clearly had experience of working in the filed. The trainer was sensitive to the group as a whole and ensured that all present were able to understand and engage.