Approved Mental Health Professionals (AMHP) refresher and reapproval - five days
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for AMHPs employed by Southwark Council. AMHPs may wish to complete this course instead of the three one day AMHP refreshers, as they approach their formal five year re-approval stage, as it includes the three days required as AHMP refreshers.
What does it cover?
This course covers...
- The five main areas of competence required by the Mental Health (Approved Mental Health Professionals) (Approval) (England) Regulations 2008: application of values; knowledge of law and policy; knowledge of mental disorder; skills of working in partnership; and, skills of making and communicating informed decisions.
- The impact of the Code of Practice, the Reference Guide and the Care Act.
- A briefing to support the completion of portfolios.
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to...
- Meet the competencies required to practice as an AMHP
- Confirm and support the building of the portfolio for re-approval
Dates for this five day course are 18 September to 22 September 2017
The course begins on Monday September 18th. Each day runs from 10.00 am – 4.00 pm.
Lunch will be 12.30 - 1.30.
Venue is 10 Wandsworth Rd, Lambeth, SW8 2LL