Domestic Abuse Champions Programme - Three days
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for staff from statutory and voluntary organisations in Southwark who wish to increase their knowledge and confidence around good practice in relation to domestic abuse within a strategic and operational framework. They will then take on the role of being the named domestic abuse champion within their organisation.
What does it cover?
This course covers..
- The national, London and Southwark picture in relation to domestic abuse
- The types of domestic abuse and its affects on both survivors and their children
- The role of the Champion
- The role and work of SASS
- Support in place for perpetrators and survivors
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to....
- Act as a Champion
- Understand the role and work of SASS
- Joint work to support victims and perpetrators
- Identify pathways for both perpetrators and survivors
- This session meets elements of the Knowledge & Skills for child and family social work: 4.Adult mental ill health, substance misuse, domestic abuse, physical ill health and disability
Course Ratings & Reviews
Great, well-delivered course
Interesting and informative training
I really enjoyed this course - the facilitator was excellent and the course was informative and engaging. Highly recommended.
Very interesting course. I felt I learnt a lot about Domestic Abuse and how I can help in my role as a RSO.
Excellent training opportunity
Crucial training for anyone who works with clients experiencing domestic abuse, would highly recommend
Really good course - very challenging and I feel better equipped to support people experiencing domestic abuse.