Performance management for managers - One Day
Southwark Employees Price: £100 Associates Price: £150
Who is it for?
This course is for all Southwark-employed managers with responsibility for carrying out performance reviews, staff conflict, behaviour and performance.
What does it cover?
This course covers…
• The process of Performance Management and how the Appraisal system supports this.
• The role of managers in promoting excellent performance
• Understanding the Southwark process of managing performance
• Setting effective ‘SMART’ objectives
• Identifying development objectives
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to…
• Have a greater understanding of issues relating to their personal goals.
• Have gained some tools/techniques to support personal development.
• Be better placed to have confidence to move forward in these areas.
Course Ratings & Reviews
I attended this course as a refresher and thoroughly recommend it.
As I am now a more experienced manager I was able to make more sense of a lot of the models than before I was a manager so this is not just for new managers, but a great idea for existing managers to attend. The only thing I would do differently is to make the hand outs available online after the course as we have such limited paper filing.
Very useful both in terms of inspiration and as a practical reminder of the importance of workplans, 1-2-1s, keeping records, developing staff, etc. That as time consuming and onerous as the tasks may sometimes be, it is there for a purpose, to identify and prevent future problems that may arise...
The course was very useful.
I enjoyed the course thoroughly, it was packed with information and it wasn't to overwhelming as some courses can be. The tutor was clear regarding the course outline.
A useful course with lots of practical information
Informative and useful training. Gives good perspective on the purpose of performance management and some of the tools that can be used to promote good performance in a structured way.
Very informative, gave me good pointers on how to deal with a particular member of staff. I am glad I attended this course at the right time. Thank you
A useful course with lots of practical information.
Performance Management training evaluation
Very useful in covering all aspects of managing staff performance in LBS and excellent handout.