Dealing with Violence and Aggression - Half day
Southwark Employees Price: £50 Associates Price: £100
Who is it for?
This course is for any members of staff who could potentially encounter violence or aggression in the course of their work. It teaches the skills and behaviours necessary to deal with such behaviour effectively in different contexts.
*The 4 April 2017 AM session is specially reserved for Southwark Council, CCTV operators team only.
What does it cover?
This course will help staff to develop the knowledge and skills to apply appropriate risk reduction measures to workplace violence and aggression.
What are the course outcomes?
- To develop the knowledge of the physical and emotional changes to a person experiencing threatening situations and develop practical skills and confidence to respond effectively
- To develop the knowledge and behaviours to promote a professional image and reduce an escalation by identifying and managing the common expectations
- To increase the knowledge of the basic elements of communication and develop the skills to identify the blocks in order to communicate effectively
- To develop practical skills and confidence to signal non aggressive during potentially difficult situations
- To develop the knowledge, skills and attitude to recognise signs of escalation in order to effectively defuse and calm
Course Ratings & Reviews
Was very useful for my job position when dealing with clients.
Really worth it
I really enjoyed this course. The trainer Nick was really good. It's very interactive and informative.
The course was great. the trainer very experienced.
Dealing with Violence & Aggression
The course content and the Trainer were excellent. It was easy to follow what the trainer was talking about; supported by role play and sharing of knowledge and ideas.