Writing in Plain English - One day
Southwark Employees Price: £100 Associates Price: £150
Who is it for?
This course is for individuals who want to develop their business writing skills.
What does it cover?
This course covers…
• Following the principles of 'Plain English'
• Editing, correcting grammar and proofreading
• Personal Development
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to…
• Build your awareness of the importance of effective writing for you and the organisation
• The importance of planning for any written communication
• Enable you to follow the five principles of good writing
• Using a structure appropriate for the chosen medium
• Techniques for editing, reviewing and approving copy
Course Ratings & Reviews
Informative, inspiring, motivational, theoretical, practical; experimental, real
I thought it was well presented and the tutor was very good at presenting the course well with good examples along with group work. I liked the exercise with the writing a letter and checking how many complex words, sentences and 3 syllables to determine if the letter is of a readable standard for the average person to understand with consideration of who the letter is for as in: professional, oranisaion company of friend etc. Excellent formal presentor and friendly who is able to ask good questions to help us identify a possible solution to our possible difficulties or weakness to build on it etc. Thanks Terry!
My expectations were exceeded. I greatly appreciated the idea of having clearly defined objectives and planning the structure of the content prior to writing the text. Great workshop and Terry was definitely knowledgeable on the topic.