Race, culture and faith belief systems in safeguarding children Level 3 - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This workshop is for multi agency organisations and aimed those working up to and including Level 3.
What does it cover?
This course covers..
- Equality and diversity issues specifically relating to protecting children from harm or abuse.
- Knowledge and understanding of how race, culture and faith/belief systems can impact when seeking to safeguard children from harm.
- How to contribute to an assessment of children appropriately
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to...
- Create opportunity for participants to talk about local issues related to these topics
- Increase understanding of the important influences of culture and faith/beliefs system on parenting
- Gain confidence in discussing their own, and others personal attitudes and beliefs, and how these might affect their professional practice
- Learn about good practice in assessment and other service provision.
- This session meets elements of the Knowledge & Skills for child and family social work: 3. Child Development
Book dates available for this course12 Mar 09:30 Training Room G01b, Ground Floor, 160 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2QH
Course Ratings & Reviews
Reflective and Informative!
This is a must for all those working closely with children and families. This course will help you understand the systems in place to help support those you work with as well as your own practice. Great, insightful discussions that helped uncover imbedded views and experiences on the topic.
A Safeguarding Course MUST!
This course was excellent, a safeguarding must... a real eye opener!
Very informative course
I found this course allowed me to reflect upon my own practice as a professional and I find I am using some of the information and ideas in my practice now. Good thought provoking tasks.
Race and Culture in Safeguarding
I found this training interesting because it allowed you think about how culture, religion and other factors come into play with child protection. The trainer was good at linking in the issues and how these relate to children and safeguarding.