Recruitment and selection - One day
Southwark Employees Price: £100 Associates Price: £150
Who is it for?
This course is mandatory for all Southwark-employees who have responsibility for recruiting staff and have had limited experience of recruiting in the public sector.
What does it cover?
This course covers…
• All legal and practical aspects of the recruitment process from the decision to fill a vacancy, through short listing and interviewing, to the point of making the final selection decision.
• Designing questions
• Structuring an interview
• Asking opening and probing questions to candidates
• Scoring and selecting a candidate
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to…
• Recruit within the legislative framework and safeguarding guidance that underpins the whole recruitment and selection process.
• Accurately assess application forms at the short listing stage using Southwark’s scoring system. • Plan for and undertake panel interviews using a clear interview structure.
• Design and use effective opening and probing questions to elicit useful information from candidates and assess responses using Southwark’s interview scoring system.
Book dates available for this course20 Jul 09:30 Training Room G01a, Ground Floor, 160 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2QH
Course Ratings & Reviews
I really enjoyed this course! It was made really interesting by Denise and I am now fully briefed on the Southwark recruitment process.
A very well set out course for one day. It provided everything you need to start the process. The trainer explained the course points and Southwark's methods extremely well, I found she interacted with the group and kept everyone motivated and interested right up to the end. One day suits. Well done you!!
I thought it was going to be a lot to take in over the 2 days but the pace was just right and I learnt a lot of communication skills from the rest of the group. the tutor was approachable and willing to share her experiences which helped a lot. I am very glad I took this course and I have recommended it to another Team Leader.
The course was both enjoyable and informative. Denise is clearly knowledgeable in her subject area. Although a lot to take in over two days, Denise managed to keep the class invigorated throughout........
Recruitment and selection: 2 days in April
I was expecting very little, but it turned out to be an excellent and highly relevant experience!
2days of training
The course sounds daunting. two whole days to go through the recruitment process... Who needs two whole days, it will surely be boring and un-needed right? Wrong. This course is very informative even for people with previous experience. The trainer knows her subject and the course was thoroughly enjoyable and went by very quickly. Would highly recommend to all who have not recruited within southwark, and recommend to those who have but their skill level is rusty.