Child Sexual Exploitation - One day
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for anyone working with children in Southwark. Those who have occasional contact with children, young people and those in regular or in intensive but irregular contact with children, young people are able to attend, as well as those who work predominately with children and young people, and with adults who are carers, including practitioners contributing to assessments of children in need e.g. Youth workers, GP’s, early years sector workers, residential staff, foster carers, school nurses, health visitors, teachers, probation staff, personal assistants, alcohol and drug misuse services, community play schemes, learning disabilities services
What does it cover?
This course covers...
- Awareness of the sexual exploitation of children in the UK within the global context of sexual exploitation
- Signs and identification
- Multi agency interventions
- Local procedures, protocols and services
- The specific support needs of children
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to...
- Be aware of the definitions of significant harm and abuse and neglect (Working Together to Safeguard Children, 2015) specifically in relation to child sexual exploitation.
- Understand the importance of a Multi-agency perspective on the intervention, identification and safeguarding of sexually exploited children.
- Demonstrate knowledge of local procedures, protocols, and services.
- Awareness of your role in respect of identifying concerns about children at risk of sexual exploitation
- Awareness of the ‘public interest’ responsibility to share information in order to protect children from the risk of significant harm
Book dates available for this course29 Jun 09:30 Room 401, 132 Queens Road, London, SE15 2HP
Course Ratings & Reviews
Excellent day with very good discussions and learning objectives
Very informative and thought-provoking. Will use in my work with children, young people and families.
Very useful course!
As always, training was delivered well and objectives met. Very useful day and got exactly what I wanted from it.
Really enjoyed course. Good ratio of slides and group work
An informative course.
A very informative course!
This was a really informative course. There was a good mix of workers from various departments/agencies which was really useful in terms of sharing ideas, good practice, concerns etc.